Every year, the Salesforce Community eagerly awaits one of the most anticipated events in the tech world – Dreamforce. This event brings together professionals, innovators, and thought leaders from around the world to connect, learn, and explore the latest advancements in the world of Salesforce. To make the most of your experience, careful planning is essential. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to ensure you have a memorable and productive time at Dreamforce.
When and Where is Dreamforce?
Dreamforce takes place September 12-14 in San Francisco. If you can’t make it in person, you can still catch sessions virtually through Salesforce+ streaming service.
What Happens at Dreamforce? What can you expect?
Discover new and emerging technology. Attend sessions, workshops, keynotes, and get inspired by expert insight and research.
- Have Fun
- Give Back
2023 Dreamforce Hype
Dreamforce 2023 will provide many learning opportunities and insights on artificial intelligence. Be on the lookout for announcements, roadmap discussions, best practices and many more discussing Einstein GPT, Data Cloud, and Nonprofit Cloud.
Making A Plan
Planning for Dreamforce can be a bit overwhelming. To make sure that you get the most out of your experience, it’s important to start planning early. Follow the steps outlined below to ensure you get the most out of Dreamforce.
Step 1: Set Clear Objectives
Before embarking on your Dreamforce journey, it's important to define your goals and expectations. Are you looking to learn more about new features, network with industry experts, or explore potential business partnerships? Establishing clear objectives will help you tailor your experience to your needs and make the most of your time.
- PRO Tip: Although everyone will have different goals for Dreamforce, we recommend prioritizing the goal of networking and connecting. It’s rare to be surrounded by so many amazing Salesforce professionals, and we recommend you take advantage of this opportunity by attending happy hours and Salesforce parties. We would also love to connect with you. Click here to schedule time with us.
Step 2: Pre-Event Research
Pre-Event research is crucial because there are a multitude of sessions, workshops, and keynotes. Make sure you don’t miss out on the most relevant content by thoroughly reviewing the event agenda. Identify sessions that align with your objectives and note down their dates/times and locations.
- PRO Tip: Check out the Nonprofit Trail Map to see all of the nonprofit sessions at Dreamforce.
Step 3: Build Your Schedule
Based on research, create a detailed schedule for each day of the event. Be strategic in your choices; prioritizing must-attend sessions, but also allow for breaks and networking opportunities. Make a list of backup options in case your preferred sessions are full as popular sessions full up quickly. When creating your schedule, be mindful of the location of events and the travel time between locations.
- PRO Tip: Get the Salesforce Events app! It’s everything you need in one app: Your schedule, personalized recs, event info, and useful resources. You can not only build your schedule, but it’s very helpful to have this information easily accessible during the event. Here are the links to download the app:
- PRO Tip: Here are a few important sessions that we recommend for nonprofits to attend:
- Keynote: Empower Nonprofits in Times of Change with AI + Data + CRM See how trailblazers are building the future and maximizing the full cycle of funding, delivering, and measuring impact with AI, data, and CRM.
- Innovation: Salesforce for Nonprofits Roadmap Hear about the innovation coming with Salesforce for nonprofits across programs, case management, grants, fundraising, and outcomes.
- Einstein GPT for Nonprofits: A CIO Discussion Join nonprofit CIOs for an engaging discussion on the potential of Einstein GPT. From operational efficiency and creativity to programmatic innovations learn how to unlock the next wave of impact.
Step 4: Networking Strategy
Dreamforce provides a unique opportunity to connect with industry peers. Plan ahead by identifying key individuals or organizations that you would like to engage with. Use social media platforms and the official Dreamforce Chatter to initiate conversations before the event. Networking events, such as happy hours and breakfast meetups can provide a great opportunity for meaning connections.
The Dreamforce Expo typically has over 400 Salesforce ISV partners showcasing their apps. This is a great place to meet and learn about various ways to extend native functionality with third party solutions.
- PRO Tip: Search online at resources like Salesforce Ben for a complete list of parties and events at Dreamforce 2023.
- PRO Tip: Click here to find a time to meetup with the Prolocity team at Dreamforce!
Step 5: Take Advantage of Hands-On Learning
There are a variety of interactive workshops and hands-on labs. These allow you to explore new features and tools directly. Reserve spots for these sessions early as they tend to fill up quickly.
- PRO Tip: Hands-On Workshop - Introduction to Nonprofit Cloud Experience the innovative new Nonprofit Cloud firsthand! Learn the key building blocks, basic configuration, and best practice to optimize operations and enhance efficiencies with Nonprofit Cloud.
Other Ways to Prepare: There are other key considerations to have in mind in preparation for Dreamforce this year. Here are a few additional PRO Tips to keep in mind:
- PRO Tip: Use this trailmix to get ready for your nonprofit sessions: Dreamforce 2023 for Nonprofits
- PRO Tip: Our team has been to Dreamforce many times, and have created our own packing list that we’d love to share with you below:
- Smartphone. Pack your phone with useful apps like Salesforce events (your go-to guide for Dreamforce). Twitter, Maps, Taxi (Uber, Lyft).
- Multi-Port USB Charger: To charge multiple devices at a time. Carry additional cables and laptop charges.
- Business Cards: Lots of them, to build your network.
- Walking Shoes: There will be a lot of walking as Dreamforce sessions are spread over multiple venues. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Business Casual Attire: The most common question is what to wear to Dreamforce. The dress code has always been business casual, look your best, but don’t go too formal or too casual.
- Umbrella: In case you caught in the rain.
- Grab & Go Snacks & Water - Salesforce provides free lunch served at various locations, however you will want to have a quick snack and stay hydrated.